Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding articles in magazines and journals
Databases for Magazine and Journal Articles
Start at the Library Home page In the OMNISEARCH box in the center, click on the OPTIONS "+" button. In the Dropdown box is a link called Articles and Databases portal,or you can use the links below:
Newspaper & Journal Aritcles:
- Academic Search Complete from EBSCO. Almost all the entries in this database have the article attached, which means it is a "full-text" database. Also, it is part of the EBSCOHost interface, so you can use MY EBSCO to save the citations. If you don't know about MY EBSCO, you should register at the "Sign In" tab at the top and set up an account.
- Research Library from Proquest, like Academic Search Complete, is a database that has magazines, newspapers, and journals on all subjects. The information goes from everyday knowledge to highly complex research journals.
- Newsbank (Newspaper Database) - Major newpapers from around the world. Full-text - the articles are all in the database.
- Keystone - KU student newspaper.
- CQ Researcher publishes 44 reports each year on contemporary, social, and political topics. Each report is the equivalent of approximatly 20 pages. Includes extensive bibliographies, webistes and other resources.
- Biography in Context is the library's largest database for biographical information. It is good for background information for your icon analysis.
Sending links to database articles
If you are using Academic Search Complete, or any of the EBSCO databases, and you want to post a link to an article, you should use the Permalink. You can find it on the screen that contains the abstract of your article.
Get it for me...
If you find an article citation in a journal database, but not the article itself, use Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad)
An article takes 24-48 hours to get. It will be a PDF file in your KU email.