Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Tips for searching the Library Catalog
- Always remember to login.
- The library catalog will not correct spelling errors, so if you don't get a lot of results, check your spelling.
- The materials you need for this project could be in several different places:
- "Main Collection" is this library's way of saying the book or score is on the shelf and you can take it out.
- "Oversized" means the book is larger than standard format and is in a special section on the first floor, near the front door.
- "Curriculum Materials," "Library Science" and "Dornish" Collections are all children's book collections .
- The Call Number, the number you use to find the book on the shelf is in parenthesis after "Available at the Rohrbach Library"
At the library
Where to find print materials on Marine Science in the Rohrbach Library:
The Rohrbach Library uses the Library of Congress (LC) classification system to group our books, scores and curriculum materials by subject on the shelves. The call number is on the white pressure label on the spine or front oover. Every LC number starts with one or two letters. The letters for Marine Science are:
- GC = Oceanography
- GE = Environmental Science
At the Rohrbach Library, the "G "s are on the first floor near the coffee shop at the back of the building (towards DeFran)
The letters for Biological Sciences are "QH" through "QR"
- QH = Biology in general
- QK = Plant Sciences
- QL = Zoology
- QR = Microbiology
The "Q"s are on the second floor, on the left, along the front of the building (toward Sharadin)
To find materials in the library, use the LIBRARY CATALOG tab on the search box.