Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Research & Composition Guide
This guide provides an overview of research resources and tools for KU students.
The library web site is your gateway for finding reliable information sources to complete your work.
Use the links along the top of this page to navigate this guide or use the links below to get to some of Rohrbach Library's essential web pages.
REMEMBER TO ASK FOR HELP! Some of the library's greatest resources are human.
Finding Articles in Magazines and Journals
Databases for Magazine and Journal Articles
Start at the Library Home page with the tile labeled A-Z Databases or you can use the links below:
Newspaper & Journal Articles:
- Academic Search Ultimate from EBSCO. Almost all the entries in this database have the article attached, which means it is a "full-text" database. Also, it is part of the EBSCOHost interface, so you can use MY EBSCO to save the citations. If you don't know about MY EBSCO, you should register at the "Sign In" tab at the top and set up an account.
- Proquest like Academic Search Complete, Proquest is a database that has magazines, newspapers, and journals on all subjects. The information goes from everyday knowledge to highly complex research journals.
- Newsbank (Newspaper Database) - Major newspapers from around the world. Full-text - the articles are all in the database.
- Keystone KU student newspaper.
- Data & Statistics CSU-Global has put together a helpful list of statistics, data, and, datasets
- Op-Ed Resources A few resources you can use to help you find places to submit op-eds
- CQ Researcher publishes 44 reports each year on contemporary, social, and political topics. Each report is the equivalent of approximatly 20 pages. Includes extensive bibliographies, websites and other resources.
- Biography in Context is the library's largest database for biographical information. It is good for background information for your icon analysis.