Skip to main content
Due to Severe Weather Rohrbach Library will be opening at 11:00 a.m. on Monday 03/4/2019
Topics to be covered
- How to conduct credible and objective research on a controversial topic.
- How to use library databases for research
- How to determine which databases are good for which topics: newspapers for current events; JSTOR for historical events and humanities
- Difference between primary texts and secondary texts and the role played by each in a research project.
- How to develop useful search strings to make one's research more efficient - to find your info quickly and thoroughly.
- How to find physical books and journals in the library
- How to use Interlibrary Loan, when to use it and the importance of using it correctly
- MLA Style documentaion
- Works cited page
- Building Works Cited pages using MSWords online tool
- Using the Purdue OWL
- Usinng Purdue OWL to find help with grammar punctuation, MLA and parenthetical citations.