Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
For information on library services during Fall 2020 go to our COVID 19 guide
Tools for teaching / lesson planning
- Annenberg Learner: The site offers vdeos for educators about teaching and learning, interactive workshop series for teachers, some videos for students as well. Link: Learner.org
- Anti-Defamation League: Lessons plans on a variety of topics
- Children's Book Council: A compiled list of all the various publishers and the activities, free books, etc that they are offering right now
- C-SPAN: Provides lesson plans on a variety of topics related to civics, history/social studies, and government topics
- Discovery Education
- "Discovery Education transforms classrooms, empowers teachers and captivates students by leading the way in providing high quality, dynamic, digital content to school districts large and small, rural and suburban and everything in between." from the site.
- Link: http://www.discoveryeducation.com/
- NOTE: For U.S. schools or school systems that are not currently using Discovery Education resources, but are experiencing closures due to the Coronavirus, we are offering free access to Discovery Education Experience through the remainder of the school year. To request access to Discovery Education Experience, principals and superintendents of affected school or school districts are encouraged to fill out the Experience Access Request form."
- KU Access beyond COVID-19: Click on "Passcode/New User" tab at the top and enter KU's eight-character passcode. (Contact Karen Wanamaker if you need the code.) Returning users login with the username and password they created.
- Explore.org: A partner of the Annenberg Foundation, Explore.org takes you to LIVE video cameras all around the world to watch animals or nature. Students can ask the experts questions via a comments section. There are also teacher lesson plans available centered around the livecams.
- NCSS Resources for Navigating COVID-19: Webinars, Virus information, teaching resources, etc. from the National Council for the Social Studies.
- The New York Times: Teach and Learn with the Times: Resources for Bringing the World into Your Classroom - lesson plans and links for teachers/students Link: https://www.nytimes.com/section/learning
- Teaching Tolerance: lessons and resources