Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Sites for Student Learning
- ABDO Zoom Database: "Online Research for Beginning Readers" - free through June 2020
- BrainPOP: You'll find animated videos, lessons, quizzes, and even games! There is even a separate section for educators. Link: http://www.brainpop.com/ **Recognizing the enormous impact this situation has on a school community, we are offering free, unlimited use of BrainPOP to any school, anywhere, that is closed due to the coronavirus during the period of their closure.** FOR KU Access post COVID-19: For security reasons, please contact Karen Wanamaker for the BrainPOP username and password for KU patrons. The KU login information should never be shared with others.
- Boolean Girl: live or recorded coding instruction to introduce different coding tools -- Great STEM resource. Link: https://booleangirl.org/full-stem-ahead/
- Carnegie Mellon: "Computer Science Academy" is a free, online, interactive high school computer science curriculum. Link: https://academy.cs.cmu.edu/coronavirus2020
- Explore.org: A partner of the Annenberg Foundation, Explore.org takes you to LIVE video cameras all around the world to watch animals or nature. Students can ask the experts questions via a comments section. There are also teacher lesson plans available centered around the livecams.
- Junior Library Guild: Free access to JLG Digital children's literature. Students/teachers can choose the level of books, then scroll down the page and get reading! :)
- Khan Academy - loads of lessons and activities for student learning, some have educator resources as well. One cool example is the Imagineering in a Box where students use storytelling, writing, and other creative avenues to create a theme park.
- National Geography: Learn at home resources
- Scholastic's Learn at Home - Digital learning assignments for Gr. K-9
- Smithsonian Learning Labs: Loads of lessons and activities on all sorts of topics.