Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ISI's Web of Science
The best way to search for citations is by using the "Cited Reference Search"
- Go to ISI Web of Knowledge
- Make sure that you are in the "Web of Science" tab
- Go to the "Cited Reference Search" under the tab.
- Put the author information in the first text box.
- Under the second text box there is a hyperlink to "Journal Abbreviation list" Open the list and find the abbreviation for the journal title you are interested in.
- Put the journal abbreviation in second text box.
- The result list will show all the citations by that author in that journal. A blue hyperlink will appear if we have access to the information. In the case of older materials we may not have access to the materials.
NOTE:Be careful about verifying pre-1974 citations by using "search" or "advanced search". Pre-1974 are not indexed in the "search" and "advanced search" search engine; you will come up with no hits. By using Cited Reference Search you will be able to see the how many times the pre-1974 article was cited, but you will not be able to obtain the specific results. At the present time we have no way of doing a citation search on an article published before 1974.