Skip to main content
For information on library services during Fall 2020 go to our COVID 19 guide
Children's Literature Collection
Please see the Children's Literature LibGuide for full information. The information below is just a summary.
Library Science Collection: The children’s literature collection in the Rohrbach Library is called the "Library Science Collection." It is located on the ground floor next to the CMC collection, and it is overseen by Professor Karen Wanamaker through collaboration with the College of Education faculty and the Department of Library Science and Instruction Technology student workers.
The collection contains a wide array of children’s titles arranged in four main sections:
- easy fiction
- adolescent fiction
Other books in the Library Science Collection include children's reference titles, pop-up books, and some big books.
Dornish Collection: The library is also home to a children's literature collection called the “J. Robert and Alice R. Dornish Collection.” You need to be aware of a few things about this collection:
- The Dornish Collection is located in a variety of areas around the building, but the part that is on display is on the first floor of the library in the room to the right of the elevator and steps.
- Due to the collectable nature of some of these books (some are first editions and/or are autographed) and the details of the University's contract with the Dornish family, these books cannot circulate.
- Dornish Collection books do show up in your results list in the online catalog.
- The books ARE accessible for in-house use.
- The staff and students the Information Commons Desk will retrieve the item for you to use here in the library.
- Dr. Dornish is an emeriti professor from Kutztown University's College of Education.