Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
For information on library services during Fall 2020 go to our COVID 19 guide
Articles and Databases portal leads to a vast online library of credible, well-organized information. These are our largest and most up-to-date collections.
When off campus, log in with your KU network ID and password.
Here are some of the databases that include articles on the histories of sports:
- Omnisearch - the default on the library page, it combines the major databases into one search.
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO) - the largest and most popular database has articles from popular magazines and peer-reviewed academic journals, along with newspapers, speeches, reports, etc. Check the Scholarly Article box to limit your search to journals.
- Research Library (ProQuest) - Like Academic Search, you can filter by Scholarly Journals to screen out magazine and newspaper articles
- Project Muse - Scholarly journals in social sciences.
- JSTOR - Scholarly journals in the social sciences - especially good for historical material because the journal holdings go back many years.
Sign up for your own account
When using databases, sign up for your own account. Look at the upper right corner for a "sign in" or 'Register" link.
Below is an example of the SIGN IN for the EBSCO interface: