Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Science Collection
Library Science Collection: The children’s literature collection in the Rohrbach Library is called the "Library Science Collection." It is located on the ground floor next to the CMC collection, and it is overseen by Professor Karen Wanamaker through collaboration with the College of Education faculty and the Department of Library and Learning Technologies.
Please check the Rohrbach Library's online catalog if you are searching for something specific.
The collection contains a wide array of children’s titles arranged in four main sections in this order:
- Easy Fiction - arranged by the first six letters of the author's last name (For Example, Chris Van Allsburg's "The Polar Express" will be listed under E VanAll)
- Adolescent Fiction - arranged by the first six letters of the author's last name (For Example, Louis Sachar's "Holes" will be listed under F Sachar)
- Biographies - arranged alphabetically by the last name of the person who is the subject of the book (For Example, to find a book about Abraham Lincoln, go alphabetically to "Lincoln.")
- Non-Fiction - arranged by the Dewey Decimal System
Other books in the Library Science Collection include:
- a variety of children’s reference titles that can be found under the main bulletin board that you see as you walk through the tunnel towards the collections
- a small collection of pop-up books that are located with the reference titles
- oversized children's literature titles ("big books") that are located near the CMC map drawers
(Note: The Library also has a variety of other children's literature big books that are a part of the Curriculum Materials Center. These titles are located on a rack labled "big books" near the CMC map drawers.)
- Some children's literature titles are also a part of kits located in the CMC kit room. These titles may or may not appear in an online catalog search for that title.