Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
For information on library services during Fall 2020 go to our COVID 19 guide
Books for Locating Children's Literature by Subject or Theme
Books for Locating Children’s Literature by Subject or Theme
Below are just some of the many books that are in the Curriculum Materials Center Collection that you can look in to find recommended children’s literature. For more information on these books or to find others, check the online catalog.
- A to Zoo: Subject Access to Children’s Picture Books (Curric Z 1037 A2)
- Adventuring with Books: A Booklist for Pre-K – Grade 6 (Curric Z 1037 N346 2002)
- The Children's Literature Lover’s Book of Lists (Curric LB 1575.5 U6S94 2004)
- Best Books for Middle School and Junior High Readers (Curric Z 1037 G482 2004)
- Neal-Shuman Guide to Recommended Children’s Books and Media for Use with Every Elementary Subject (Curric Z 1037 M2865 2002)
- Books Kids Will Sit Still For (Curric Z1037 F847 1990)
- Best Books for High School Readers(Curric Z 1037 G4816 2004)
- Integrating Art and Language Arts through Children’s Literature (Curric N 362 I58 2003)
- Teaching Science through Children’sLiterature Grades (Curric Q 183.3 A1K42 2002)
- Kaleidoscope: a Multicultural Booklist for Grades K-8 (Curric E184.A1 K34 2001)