Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
For information on library services during Fall 2020 go to our COVID 19 guide
Library databases for Social Work:
1. Academic Search Complete;
- KU Library's largest multidisciplinary database.
- Most of the articles are attached to the citations (full-text)
- Start your research for your term paper here.
- Limit your search to Scholarly Peer-Reviewed Journals
2. Social Work Abstracts Plus
- From the National Association of Social Workers.
- Contains two separate databases: Social Work Abstracts and The Register of Clinical Social Workers.
- Social Work Abstracts has journal articles and other scholarly information.
- The Register of Clinical Social Workers (or NASW Clinical Register) is a directory of clinical social workers in the U.S..
3. SocINDEX with Full Text
- Largest journal article database for all the Social Sciences.
- Includes the artices.
- If you are not finding what you are looking for in Social Work Abstracts, this is a good next-step.