For information on library services during Fall 2020 go to our COVID 19 guide
1) If you are having trouble finding information, try tweaking the terms you are using. For example, you might use "single mothers" instead of "women."
2) The databases are large, so start with your most specific search first and then broaden your terms if you need to.
3) Scholarly articles have bibliographies. Use them to find additional articles you can use in your term paper. To find out if the library has the article, copy the title into the Omnisearch search box on the library homepage. Omnisearch will go through the library databases and pull up the article if you have access to it. Put the article title in quotes for the best results.
4) If you are looking for a specific journal, go the the Library homepage and use the Jorunal Title tab on the search box. Use the second box on that tab. Just type in the name of the journal.
5) ASK the LIBRARIAN! That's why I am here. My contact and appointment information is on the right.