Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
WHERE DO I BEGIN......
These databases are on the Databases A-Z page on the library website.
Go to the library website at: http://library,kutztown.edu
Click on the FIND INFORMATION tab
Select Databases A to Z (the first item in the menu) http://library,kutztown.edu/az.php
You should land on this page:
From here you can select the database(s) you want to work with.
Below I listed 4 (in priority order) you could start with for the research in COM 130:
1. works in the EBSCOinterface
2. use your MyEbsco account to save you articles & citations in APA format.
3. indexes over 400 journals on communication studies
4. most of the citations have the article attached -- look for the "full-text" links.
Academic Search Ultimate
1. another EBSCO database.
2. covers all subjects, and all types of materials
3. indexes only the major journals in Communication Studies
ProQuest Research Library
1. uses the Proquest interface
2. has many of the same journal as Academic Search Complete, but the search algorithm is different, so you get different sets of results.
3. Search both Research Library and Academic Search Complete. Usually one works better than the other. It all depends on your topic.
1. also uses Proquest.
2. This is the full-text database (articles are already in the database) for academic journals in the field of psychology.
3. You might find this database useful for tracking articles you find in bibliographies.