Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
For information on library services during Fall 2020 go to our COVID 19 guide
- Does it have an author?
- Is the author an expert in the field?
- Is it scholarly or for general readers?
- Is it educational or persuasive?
- Who published it?
- Is it a professional publisher or is it self-published?
- Is it current?
- Is it well-written?
- Does it cite other works?
- UC Berkeley's Evaluating Resources
Excellent guide for resource evaluation.
- Purdue's Style Guide
Easy to use style guides. Has clear instruction for citing each type of resource -- books, periodicals, electronic sources, etc.
- KU Interlibrary Loan
For articles, this is a document delivery service. In most cases you are given access to a PDF file within a day or two. Use the "Tipasa" link to quickly order an item.