For information on library services during Fall 2020 go to our COVID 19 guide
Policies: Courtesy Patrons (Library users not affiliated with KU)
Circulation and Computer Use Policy for Courtesy Patrons
- Policy Statement: The library provides limited borrowing privileges and limited Windows computer access to adult residents of Pennsylvania who are not Kutztown University students or employees.
- Courtesy patrons must be registered at the library and present their library card when borrowing materials.
- In order to register, a person must be an adult (18 years of age or older) and present one form of photo identification (driver’s license, ID card, etc.) and proof of address.
- High school students:
- High school students can receive a courtesy card for borrowing books only. They must fill out the High School Student Registration form, and return it with a parent’s or guardian’s signature.
- High school students cannot receive a Windows password. The Children’s Internet Protection Act (17 USC 1701-1741) requires Internet filter programs be installed on public access computers used by minor-age children to protect them from “adult” content. KU does not have internet filters.
- Loan period: 28 days.
- Renewals: None.
- Holds & recalls: None.
- Maximum number of books at one time: 25.
- Overdue fines: Ten cents per day per item up to a maximum of $10.00. Overdue fines are waived if a patron pays to replace an item, or provides a new copy of a lost item.
- Fees for lost items: Standard fee for type of item borrowed; no processing fee; borrowing privileges suspended indefinitely when the patron owes lost item fees.
- Fees for printing: Ten cents per page.
- Audiovisual materials: Courtesy Patrons are not allowed to borrow audiovisual equipment or media items.
- Interlibrary loan & Document delivery: Courtesy patrons are not eligible for interlibrary loan or document delivery. Refer courtesy patrons who need to use interlibrary loan or document delivery to their local public library for assistance.