Lending: Honors and Graduate Students
- Policy Statement: The library provides borrowing privileges for library print materials to all students of Kutztown University.
- Rationale: Library borrowing privileges are critical to the mission of the library and the university.
- A patron record for each student is automatically loaded into the library’s circulation system. All University undergraduate students are issued an official KU ID card at freshman orientation to use as their library card. Graduate students who do not have a KU ID card may get a library card at the Information Desk.
- Students need to present their library card when borrowing materials.
- Students are responsible for returning items in the same condition in which they were borrowed. If a print item is damaged, the students will be asked to replace the item or pay the appropriate fee.
- Loan Period: 120 days for Main Collection books. Leisure Reading, Media, Equipment and Curriculum Materials kits and textbooks circulate for 1 week.
- Renewals: One.
- Holds & Recalls: There is a 'Request' link for each item in the catalog, You will have to sign in with your KU credentials to place a hold. If an item is recalled, you will receive a notice from the library.
- Maximum Number of Items at one time: 75
- Overdue Fines: None. If items are not returned thirty days after the Due Date, students receive a notice that their records have been sealed until the items are returned. If a student’s records are sealed, they cannot register, receive grades, receive transcripts, or get their diplomas. When all the items are returned the records are released.
- Fees for lost items: Standard fee for type of item borrowed; no processing fee; borrowing privileges suspended indefinitely when the patron owes fees for a lost item. Items that have been declared “Lost” in the circulation system need to be returned to the library. The items may then be checked out to the patron again if asked.
- Audiovisual materials: Students may borrow media and equipment.
- Interlibrary loan: Students can have up to 15 interlibrary loan books out at once.
Approved by the Dean of Library Services 06/2008