Lending: Kutztown University Undergraduates
- Policy Statement: The library provides borrowing privileges for library print materials to all students of Kutztown University.
- Rationale: Library borrowing privileges are critical to the mission of the library and the university.
- A patron record for each undergraduate is automatically loaded into the library’s Circulation module. As with all records automatically loaded, it does not include the patron barcode number. All University undergraduates are issued an official KU ID card at freshman orientation to use as their library card.
- Students need to present their library card when borrowing materials.
- Students are responsible for returning items in the same condition in which they were borrowed. If a print item is damaged, the students will be asked to replace the item or pay the appropriate fee.
- Loan Period: 28 days with one 28-day renewal for Main Collection books. Curriculum Materials kits and textbooks circulate for 1 week with one 1-week renewal.
- Renewals: One. After one renewal the patron needs to return the item to the library.
- Holds & Recalls: Can be placed on print materials by contacting the Information Commons Counter.
- Maximum Number of Items at one time: 50
- Overdue Fines: None. If items are not returned thirty days after the Due Date, students receive a notice that their records have been sealed until the items are returned. If a student’s records are sealed, they cannot register, receive grades, receive transcripts, or get their diplomas. When all the items are returned the records are released.
- Fees for lost items: Standard fee for type of item borrowed; no processing fee; borrowing privileges suspended indefinitely when the patron owes fees for a lost item. Items that have been declared “Lost” in the circulation system need to be returned to the library and discharged. The items may then be charged out to the patron again if asked.
- Audiovisual materials: Undergraduates may borrow media and audiovisual materials. Contact the Information Commons desk (610-683-4800) with requests, questions, or concerns.
- Interlibrary loan: Students can have up to 10 interlibrary loan books out at once.
Approved by the Dean of Library Services 06/2008