Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The library provides limited borrowing privileges to adult residents of Pennsylvania who are not Kutztown University students or employees.
- Community patrons must be registered at the library and present their library card when borrowing materials.
- In order to register, a person must be an adult (18 years of age or older) and present one form of photo identification (driver’s license, ID card, etc.) and proof of address.
- Loan period: 28 days.
- Renewals: None.
- Holds & recalls: None.
- Maximum number of books at one time: 25.
- Notices: You will receive early warnings and overdue notices through the email address you used when you registered.
- Overdue fines: Ten cents per day per item up to a maximum of $10.00. Overdue fines are waived if a patron pays to replace an item, or provides a new copy of a lost item.
- Fees for lost items: Standard fee for the type of item borrowed, for example, there is a $50.00 replacement fee for main collection books. The library does not charge a processing fee. Borrowing privileges are suspended indefinitely for any patron who owes the library a fine or fee.
- The library does not accept cash. See the Paw Pass information on the Fines and Fees page. Paw Passes must be used to pay for printing
- Non-book materials: Community Patrons are not allowed to borrow magazines, equipment or media items, including laptops, DVDs and CDs.
- Interlibrary loan: Community patrons cannot use the interlibrary loan services at KU, but your local public library should be able to help you through their interlibrary loan services.
New Books, new DVDs, and other additions at the library
Looking for that new best seller, or something new in your favorite subjects?
START HERE to find print books in the library, or
if you are looking for what is new in our ebook collections CLICK HERE