Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Sage Database Trial
The library is running a trial of Sage Research Methods and DataPlanet from 4/19/21 to 5/28/21. Details are below. Please provide feedback to your library liaison or Bob Flatley. Thank you.
Sage Research Methods
SAGE Research Methods
- Look for information on how to design and conduct a research project in more than 800 books and reference works from SAGE’s renowned Methods publishing program
- Learn new research methods
- Assist in doing a literature review or analyzing your data
- Produce accurate, trusted, and respected results in your field
SAGE Research Methods Cases
- Browse hundreds of case studies of real social research, specially commissioned and designed to support teaching and learning in research methods
- Explore the difficulties, nuances, and real-life decisions researchers are forced to make in the course of a project.
- Search cases by subject area, academic level, and methods used.
SAGE Research Methods Datasets
- Practice qualitative and quantitative analytical methods with sample data and instructional guides
- Find datasets that demonstrate dozens of methods and represent work in Business, Education, Health, Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology
- Find downloadable data to use in course assignments and exam questions
SAGE Research Methods Video
- Covers every aspect of research skills training and guides students through every step of the research process
- Contains 120+ hours of content
- Includes an entire 15-hour introductory statistics course, which students can access again and again, ensuring they master the concepts
- Students can access content at any time, and instructors can embed videos in their course management systems
Data Planet provides a platform with one entry point into a whole bunch of data! Users can search and browse through 157 billion data points in over 12.6 billion datasets sourced from over 80 public and private sources, covering 16 subject areas:
- Agriculture and Food
- Banking, Finance, and Insurance
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement
- Energy Resources and Industries
- Government and Politics
- Health and Vital Statistics
- Housing and Construction
- Industry, Business, and Commerce
- International Relations and Trade
- Labor and Employment
- Military and Defense
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Population and Income
- Prices, Consumption, and Cost of Living
- Transportation and Traffic
The powerful functionality of the Data Planet platform allows users to get the data they need fast: Users can manipulate datasets, compare multiple indicators and multiple sources, chart trends over time, and map data without requiring additional software programs. Data Planet has a built in calculator, the ability to view data many different ways, and one quick click (What Happened Here feature) gives you context to understand what a spike or drop in data means. Data Planet makes it fun and easy to get what you need and use it in Excel, as a map, graph, chart, and much more…with just a few clicks!