Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Before you submit your research
You will need:
- An abstract of about 200 words for your submission
- No more than 10 keywords or phrases for search engines
- A decision on what Creative Commons License you would like to use, or not.
- Create a KURC account, or go to the KURC site and login
You will need an Abstract and Keywords
When you submit your research, you will have the opportunity to enter an abstract.
Your Abstract should
- be about 200 words long. What does not fit in the text box on the form will not display on the screen either,
- contain buzzwords or key phrases since search engines like Google or Bing will look in the abstract during a search.
Your Keywords should
- be no more than 10 words or phrases separated by commons,
- also contain or repeat the key phrases from the abstract because keywords are even more important than the abstract in an internet search.
Creative Commons license
Creative Commons is a non-profit organization dedicated to the dissemination of open access information and creative works.
When you submit your work, you will be asked to choose from a menu either no license or one of the licenses detailed here: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/
The Creative Commons license works with your copyright to protect you from having your work stolen or plagiarized by someone else.
The Creative Commons licenses govern four key areas:
- Attribution -- Requiring someone using your work to give you credit; or not.
- Commercial use -- Allowing a person, group, or a company (e.g. a commercial publisher) to sell your work for their profit; or not
- Derivation -- Can someone take your research or creative work and change or manipulate it into a new work that is theirs; or not
- Share-Alike - you can also stipulate that if someone uses your work, they must use the same license as you did for your original; or not.
For more information, please jump to https://creativecommons.org/licenses/
Creating an account
How to Create a KURC Account
- From the KURC homepage, click the My Account link above the Kutztown University logo in the banner. If you are following a prompt in an email notification, simply click the link provided to access the login page.
- Click the Sign Up link on the login screen.
- Enter the requested information, including your KU email address, first and last name, and password.
- Click Create Account.
- Click the confirmation link in the new account email. If you don’t receive an email, check your spam folder or contact email@example.com for additional help with completing your account setup.
If you are already in the KURC as a reviewer, author, or fellow administrator for a page, but never created your own account you should go through the steps to create an account. Use the same email address that was used to add you, then complete the sign-up process to finalize your account.
Logging in to the KURC
How to Log In (if you already have created an account)
- From the KURC homepage, click the My Account link above the Kutztown University logo in the red banner. If you are following a prompt in an email notification or clicking a link requiring a login, such as a Submit Article link, you will be prompted to log in before going to the intended page.
- On the login screen, enter your email address and password, and click Login.
If you don’t recall your password, click Forget Your Password? to access the Reset Password screen. Enter your email address and click Reset to have a password reset email sent to you. Click the link in the email and follow the prompts to choose a new password.