Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Accessibility Map of Campus
This is the campus accessibility map for KU; Pathways without obstacles are highlighted in yellos.
Kutztown University Disability Office
Getting to the the Rohrbach Library
The library provides accommodations to our patrons who need them.
The library has three floors, all accessible by two elevators, one on either side of the building.
- There is limited handicapped parking in the rear of the building.
- You do need to drive on the walkways to get to the back of the building.
- The back door is locked, and you will need to ring the doorbell and a staff person will open it for you.
- The number for the Information Desk is 610-683-4480. Please call it with any concerns.
At the Library
- The library staff and librarians are happy to help you find the information that you need.
- Librarians are on-call and can help you find what you need at the Research Services Desk in the library on the first floor.
- The library shelves are ADA accessible, but if you cannot reach the books, library staff at the Information Desk will be happy to retrieve the materials you need.
- The desktop computers in the library have ZOOM TEXT installed on them. There are also headphone connectors on the left side of the desktops, and USB connectors in the back. Headphones can be borrowed from the Information Desk.
- There are handicapped accessible restrooms in the lobbies of all three floors, near the elevator. The restrooms on the ground floor are also gender-neutral.
- Service animals are welcome. Emotional-support animals are not.
- The University Writing Center is on the first floor of the library behind the Information Desk and is barrier-free.
- The Center for Academic Success and Achievement and the Tutoring Center on the ground floor are barrier-free.
- If you need assistance while in the building, please call the Information Desk at 610-683-4480. If it is an emergency, call Public Safety at 610-683-4001, or 911.